Oil, gas, and mining [electronic resource] : a sourcebook for understanding the extractive industries / Peter D. Cameron and Michael C. Stanley.
- Other Title:
- World Bank books.
- Washington, DC : World Bank Group, 
- World Bank e-Library.
- Government document
1 online resource (xviii, 298 pages) : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Gas industry.
Petroleum industry and trade.
- This new sourcebook admirably illuminates the spectrum of integrated policy interventions necessary to transform natural resource wealth into sustainable development, ranging from the allocation of resource extraction rights to the use and distribution of revenues. It recognizes and emphasizes the importance of the political and institutional context. The sourcebook ably breaks down the implications of the type of natural resource, describes the organization of the industry, and provides illustrative examples and useful citations from the literature. How individual governments, companies, and the world as a whole approach the management and governance of mineral and energy resources will be important in determining the success or failure of the sustainable development goals (SDGs). Given the breadth of the SDGs and the targets therein, as well as the myriad challenges of natural resource governance, the new sourcebook and the community of researchers and practitioners that continues to grow around it will help to shed light on the path ahead.
- Part I. Extractives for government: Chapter 1. Shifting paterns of demand and supply
Chapter 2. Extractives: opportunities and challenges for development
Chapter 3. The extractive industries
Part II. The value chain approach to extractives: Chapter 4. Policy, legal, and contractual framework
Chapter 5. Sector organization and regulatory institutions
Chapter 6. Fiscal design and administration
Chapter 7. Revenue management and distribution
Part III. Toward good governance: Chapter 8. Transparency and accountability
Chapter 9. Sustainable development implementation
Chapter 10. Why government matters.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Stanley, Michael C., author, (World Bank staff)
World Bank Group, issuing body.
- Other format:
- Print Version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|