Verbeke Foundation : collages & assemblages / [tekst, Xavier Canonne ; samenstelling en redactie, Marie Verboven en Geert Verbeke].
- Other Title:
- Collages & assemblages
Collages en assemblages
Collages and assemblages
- [Kemzeke, Belgium] : Verbeke Foundation, 2017.
708 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Verbeke Foundation (Kemzeke, Belgium) -- Catalogs.
Collage -- Catalogs.
Assemblage (Art) -- Catalogs.
Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Catalogs.
Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Catalogs.
- In Dutch, French and English.
- An exceptional collection of roughly five thousand, particularly twentieth century, collages and assemblages lies at the heart of the private collection. A separate exhibition space has been specially designed to permanently display part of the collection. Not all of the works are on view, the exhibition is a subject to change four times a year.00The collection, which was developed around the art of mainly Belgian artists, encompasses collages from the early 1920s (Avant-Garde and Dada era) by Paul Joostens, Georges Herbiet, Henri Van Straten, Michel Seuphor, Marcel-Louis Baugniet and Jean-Jacques Gailliard. Collages created by surrealists such as E.L.T. Mesens, Marcel Mariën, Gilbert Senecaut, Louis Scutenaire, Jane Graverol, Rachel Baes, Robert Willems and Roger Van De Wouwer also form a part of the collection. 00A wide range of works by artists from the heydays of collage art (1950s through 1970s) has been included into the collection: Georges Collignon, Engelbert Van Anderlecht, Robert Geenens, Max Servais, Annie Debie, Louis Van Lint, Christian Dotremont, the Coll?Art movement (founded by Marcel-Louis Baugniet and Jean Milo). The collection also includes a series of works by authors, poets and art critics dating back to the same era: literary creations by Louis-Paul Boon, Hugo Claus, Freddy De Vree, Paul De Vree and Patrick Conrad.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Canonne, Xavier.
Verbeke Foundation (Kemzeke, Belgium)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|