Spaces of engagement : relocating European islamophobia in Muslim diaspora enclaves / Syed Furrukh Zad Ali Shah.
- Zürich : Lit, 
- Islam in der Lebenswelt Europa ; Bd. 11.
Islam in der Lebenswelt Europa ; Band 11
xiii, 349 pages ; 22 cm.
- Islamophobia -- Europe, Western -- History.
Muslims -- Europe, Western -- History.
Islamophobia -- Political aspects.
- This study reflects on discourses, politics, and culture of islamophobia with reference to Muslim diaspora communities in a post-migration Western European context. It argues that islamophobia is the product, as well as carries the agency, of Muslim diaspora enclave-exclave phenomenon. These socio-spatial encounters are not to be seen as divisive, but are to be understood as productive to seek to negotiate a transnational multi-cultural public space for integration. It is in this context that this study has sought to relocate European Islamophobia in Muslim diaspora enclaves. -- Provided by publisher.
- Foreword by Professor Dr. Jamal Malik, University of Erfurt.
Revison of author's thesis (dissertation)--Universität Erfurt, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 327-349).
- Malik, Jamal, writer of foreword.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|