Zoe Leonard : Survey / Organized by Bennett Simpson with Rebecca Matalon ; essays by Douglas Crimp, Elisabeth Lebovici, Fred Moten, Elisabeth Sherman, Bennett Simpson, and Lanka Tattersall, The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles.
- Other Title:
- Los Angeles : Museum of Contemporary Art ; Munich ; London ; New York : Delmonico Books--Prestel, 2018.
311 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Leonard, Zoe -- Exhibitions.
Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions.
Photography -- United States -- Exhibitions.
Sculpture, American -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Sculpture, American -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- From aerial landscapes to the Alaskan wilderness, American cities to natural history museums, there are few subjects that Zoe Leonard has not tackled in her 30-year career. Working primarily in photography and sculpture, Leonard consistently confronts the realities of change, love, and loss. This book brings audiences up to date on Leonard's impressive body of work and accompanies a long-awaited retrospective exhibition. It features images and examinations from every one of Leonard's major series, including her early aerial and museum photographs, her landmark works- 'Strange Fruit' and 'Analogue'-and her most recent works, "In the Wake." Essays in the book range from the critical to the personal, including explorations of sexual politics, immigration, and family. Breathtaking in scope and bringing together every facet of Leonard's oeuvre, this volume celebrates Leonard's unflinching eye and her intimate art. Exhibition: Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, USA (02.03-10.06.2018) / The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, USA (04.11.2018- 03.25.2019).
- Zoe Leonard: The Interior Outside / Bennett Simpson
They wanted, like Antigone, not to break the laws but to find the law / Elisabeth Lebovici
Photopos: film, book, archive, music, sculpture / Fred Moten
Zoe's New York / Douglas Crimp
945 Madison Avenue / Elisabeth Sherman
c. 2016: Around Zoe Leonard's In The Wake / Lanka Tattersall.
- Accompanies an exhibition held at Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, March 2, 2018-June 10, 2018, and The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, November 4, 2018-March 25, 2019.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 292-299).
- Leonard, Zoe, photographer.
Simpson, Bennett, editor.
Matalon, Rebecca, editor.
Crimp, Douglas, author.
Museum of Contemporary Art (Los Angeles, Calif.), organizer, host institution.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|