Women in love / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; United Artists ; Larry Kramer and Martin Rosen present ; written for the screen and produced by Larry Kramer ; directed by Ken Russell.
- Standardized Title:
- Women in love (Motion picture)
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 916.
The Criterion collection ; 916
2 videodiscs (131 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 insert (47 x 37cm, folded to 19 x 12 cm).
4 3/4 in.
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Love -- Drama.
Coal mines and mining -- Drama.
Sisters -- Drama.
Male friendship -- Drama.
Women -- England -- Drama.
Midlands (England) -- Drama.
- Romance films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.75:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
- Set in an English mining community on the crest of modernity, this traces the shifting currents of desire that link the emancipated Brangwen sisters to a freethinking dreamer and a hard willed industrialist, as well as the men's own erotically charged friendship.
- Disc 1. [Feature film + special features]
disc 2. [Special features].
- Alan Bates, Oliver Reed, Glenda Jackson, Jennie Linden, Eleanor Bron, Alan Webb.
- Director of photography, Billy Williams; editor, Michael Bradsell; music, Georges Delerue.
- New, restored 4K digital transfer.
Based on Women in love / by D.H. Lawrence.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1969.
Accompanying fold-out leaflet features an essay, "Bohemian rhapsody", by Linda Ruth Williams.
Special features disc one: Two 2003 commentaries featuring director Ken Russell and screenwriter-producer Larry Kramer ; trailer -- disc two: segments from a 2007 interview with Ru0ssell ; A British picture: portrait of an enfant terrible, Russell's 1989 biopic on his own life and career ; additional interviews with actress Glenda Jackson, cinematographer Billy Williams, and editor Michael Bradsell; Second best, a 1972 short film based on a D. H. Lawrence story -- in booklet, an essay by Linda Ruth Williams.
- Russell, Ken, 1927-2011, film director.
Kramer, Larry, film producer, screenwriter, presenter.
Rosen, Martin, presenter.
Bates, Alan, 1934-2003, actor.
Reed, Oliver, 1938-1999, actor.
Jackson, Glenda, actor.
Linden, Jennie, 1939- actor.
Bron, Eleanor, actor.
Webb, Alan, 1906-1982, actor.
Williams, Billy, 1929- director of photography.
Bradsell, Michael, editor of moving image work.
Delerue, Georges, 1925-1992, composer (expression)
Williams, Linda Ruth, writer of accompanying material.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, film production company.
United Artists (Firm), film production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
CC2869D The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|