Patronage / by Maria Edgeworth ; in four volumes.
- Other records:
- 3rd ed.
- London : Printed for R. Hunter, and Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1815.
4 v. ; 18 cm.
- England -- Social conditions -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- "Preface to the third edition" by R.L. Edgeworth.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Howard Weiss Memorial Fund.
Singer-Mendenhall copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2018 from Jarndyce Antiquarian Booksellers.
Singer-Mendenhall copy: each vol. has bookplate of Alfred (1864-1952) and Mabel Alice Matthews (née Reed; 1868-1968) on front pastedown.
Singer-Mendenhall copy: each vol. has autograph ("CAPringle") at head of title leaf.
Singer-Mendenhall copy: each vol. bound by John Gray of Edinburgh (with his ticket affixed to front pastedown) in half blind-tooled calf(?) over marbled boards; 5 raised, blind-tooled bands on spine; spine panels bordered in gold and blind; 2 gold-stamped black leather spine labels, one with title, the other with volume number; all edges stippled red and blue.
- Penn Provenance:
- Matthews, Alfred (bookplate) (Singer-Mendenhall copy)
Matthews, Mabel Alice (bookplate) (Singer-Mendenhall copy)
Pringle, C. A. (autograph) (Singer-Mendenhall copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gray, John (Binder)
Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
James Howard Weiss Memorial Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|