Van Gogh [electronic resource].
- Cohen Film Collection, 1991.
1 online resource (streaming video file) (161 minutes) : digital, .flv file, sound
- Foreign language films.
- In French
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This dark French drama focuses on the final months before Vincent Van Gogh's tragic suicide. After leaving the asylum, Van Gogh settles in Auvers-sur-Oise, in the home of Doctor Gachet, an art lover and patron. Vincent keeps painting amidst the conflict with his brother, Theo, and the torments of his failing mental health. He has an affair with Marguerite, his host's daughter. However, she soon realizes that he doesn't love her and that his heart beats only for his art.. Nominated for the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival, Winner of Best Actor (Jacques Dutronc) and nominated for Best Film, Best Supporting Actor (Gerard Sety and Bernard Le Coq) , Best Director, and Best Screenplay, Original or Adaptation at the César Awards.. "VAN GOGH is a good, quiet, rigorous film, made with intelligence and acted with earnest conviction." - The New York Times
- Jacques Dutronc, Alexandra London, Gerard Sety
Originally produced by Cohen Film Collection in 1991.
Title from title screen.
- Pialat, Maurice, filmmaker
- Publisher Number:
- 2106258 Kanopy
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|