Baroque magic and its reflections = Barokin magiaa ja heijastuksia / editor Aino Niskanen.
- Other Title:
- Barokin magiaa ja heijastuksia
- Aalto : School of Art and Design, 2017.
- Quo vadis architectura?, 1799-4953 ; 5
Nils Erik Wickberg lectures
339 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), plans, portraits ; 25 cm
- Architecture, Baroque -- Congresses.
Architecture, Baroque -- Influence -- Congresses.
Arts, Baroque -- Congresses.
Aesthetics, Baroque -- Congresses.
Architecture, Baroque -- Influence.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- Contributions in English, Finnish and Italian, with translations into English and/or Finnish.
- Published by Aalto University on the occasion of the autumn 2013 Wickberg Lectures, this volume comprises writings by specialists in the fields of art and architecture about the international Baroque and its reflections in architecture today. From means of expression in Baroque architecture and modifications of its forms as a bridge to postmodernism, to how 'baroque' motifs are manifested in works by ALA Architects and other recent Finnish architecture, it addresses the magical enchantment that encounters with the Baroque can offer to the beholder. With contributions by Paolo Portoghesi, Juho Grönholm, Simo Paavilainen, Juha Leiviskä, and Antonello Alici, among others.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Martin and Margy Meyerson Endowment Fund for the Built Environment Collections.
- Niskanen, Aino, editor.
Martin and Margy Meyerson Endowment Fund for the Built Environment Collections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|