Facing India / edited by Ralf Beil & Uta Ruhkamp.
- Berlin : Hatje Cantz, 
230 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 32 cm
- Galhotra, Vibha, 1978 -- -Exhibitions.
Kher, Bharti, 1969 -- -Exhibitions.
Ponmany, Prajakta Potnis, 1980 -- -Exhibitions.
Kallat, Reena Saini, 1973 -- -Exhibitions.
Sen, Mithu, 1971 -- -Exhibitions.
Shah, Tejal, 1979 -- -Exhibitions.
Galhotra, Vibha, 1978-.
Kallat, Reena Saini, 1973-.
Kher, Bharti, 1969-.
Sen, Mithu, 1971-.
Shah, Tejal, 1979-.
Women artists -- India -- Exhibitions.
Art, Indic -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- How do female Indian artists position themselves today? How do they deal with their responsibilities to society, as well as with the legacy of their feminist predecessors? What kind of language do they invent to express that which has been unarticulated? In Facing India, six female Indian artists devote themselves not only to the history and future of India, but also to their country in the present day. Torn between tradition and the modern world, India's patriarchal society is in the midst of a socio-cultural transformation. In their multimedia works Vibha Galhotra (*1978), Bharti Kher (*1969), Prajakta Potnis (*1980), Reena Saini Kallat (*1973), Mithu Sen (*1971), and Tejal Shah (*1979) examine boundaries--a central theme in Indian society, whether they are gender-related limitations, or political, territorial, ecological, or religious boundaries. This richly illustrated publication accompanies the first thematic exhibition of Indian women artists in Germany.
- Haqeeqat, Bastabata, Unmaiyi... or : Reality is a cruel plural / Ralf Beil
Where the mind is without fear : Radication as an answer / Uta Ruhkamp
Indian women : A truth tale / dr Urvashi Butalia
Carrying across, leaving behind : Contemporary women artists of India / Roobina Karode
Vibha Galhotra ; Interview ; Works ; Curriculum vitae
Bharti Kher ; Interview ; Works ; Curriculum vitae
Prajakta Potnis ; Interview ; Works ; Curriculum vitae
Reena Kallat ; Interview ; Works ; Curriculum vitae
Mithu Sen ; Interview ; Works ; Curriculum vitae
Tejal Shah ; Interview ; Works ; Curriculum vitae.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg, Wolfsburg, Germany, 29 April-7 October 2018.
"Vibha Galhotra, Bharti Kher, Prajakta Potnis, Reena Saini Kallat, Mithu Sen, Tejal Shah"--Page  of cover.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Beil, Ralf, editor.
Ruhkamp, Uta, editor.
Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg, host institution.
- Galhotra, Vibha, 1978- Works. Selections.
Kher, Bharti, 1969- Works. Selections.
Potnis, Prajakta, 1980- Works. Selections.
Kallat, Reena Saini, 1973- Works. Selections.
Sen, Mithu, 1971- Works. Selections.
Shah, Tejal, 1979- Works. Selections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|