ELL shadowing as a catalyst for change [electronic resource] / Ivannia Soto.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, 2017.
- Sage knowledge.
1 online resource (143 pages) : illustrations
- Linguistic minorities -- Education -- United States.
Children with social disabilities -- Education -- United States.
Language arts -- Remedial teaching -- United States.
Individualized instruction -- United States.
Observation (Educational method).
- ELL Shadowing is a professional development experience that calls upon educators to monitor the educational experiences and opportunities for engagement of an ELL over the course of 3 - 4 hours - either in a single classroom or from class-to-class. Participants use a protocol to document the speaking, listening, reading, and writing opportunities for ELLs at 5-minute intervals over the Shadowing period. The Shadowing experience provides a method by which qualitative data on an ELLs opportunities for listening, speaking, reading, and writing can be objectively collected. Moreover, it offers self-reflection for educators by which they begin to see how their instructional interactions affect student use of academic language. Most importantly, it has been shown to create a sense of urgency among educators to increase opportunities ...
- Part of the SAGE Knowledge collection.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on MARC record for print version.
- Other format:
- Print version :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|