Africa Bibliography [electronic resource] / compiler, Terry A. Barringer.
- London, UK : International African Institute ; Cambridge, United Kingdom : Cambridge University Press, 2011- , ©1985-
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
Annual, with updates
- Africa bibliography (Online)
- Africa -- Bibliography -- Databases.
Africa -- Bibliography -- Periodicals.
- System Details:
- data file
- "The Africa Bibliography is an authoritative guide to works in African studies published under the auspices of the International African Institute annually since 1984. This the online consolidated version brings together every record collected since the bibliography's foundation, producing a rich and interactive resource for all scholars interested in the study of Africa."--Africa Bibliography database home page.
"Subject coverage: This bibliography records publications on Africa, principally in the social and environmental sciences, development studies, humanities and arts. Some items from the medical, biological and natural sciences are included. African government publications and works of creative literature are not normally listed. -- Criteria for inclusion: The criterion used is potential relevance to a reader from a social sciences, arts, humanities or policy background. Each annual printed volume, and subsequent updates to the online bibliography, cover material published in the respective calendar year, together with items from earlier years not previously listed. -- Geographical coverage: The whole continent and associated islands are covered but the African diaspora, only very selectively. -- Language coverage: The Africa Bibliography includes items in languages other than English; notably items in French, Portuguese, German, Afrikaans and Italian. From the 2014/15 volume we are endeavouring to provide expanded coverage of Portuguese entries reflecting the growth and vibrancy of lusophone Africa studies, including for example in Brazil. From this volume onward, Africa Bibliography will include selected items in Swahili ..."--Guide to the Bibliography.
- In 2011, the online serial version of Africa Bibliography was converted to a two-format publication. Bibliographical citations from the earliest volume in 1984 to the most recent volumes were converted to an updating database. The old and new introductory article content continues in serial format. The database and serial portions of this publication link back to each other. The print version of Africa Bibliography continues as an annual publication.
Compilers: Hector Blackhurst, 1984-1990; Christopher H. Allen, 1991-1996; Terry A. Barringer, 1997-
Online resource; title from HTML pages for database and serial portions (Cambridge Journals, viewed August 16, 2016).
Published under the auspices of the International African Institute annually since 1984.
Print version published by Manchester University Press, 1985-1998? and by Edinburgh University Press, 1999-2004?. Print and online version published by Cambridge University Press, 2005 to present.
- Blackhurst, Hector, compiler., Compiler
Allen, Christopher, 1942- compiler., Compiler
- Other format:
- Print version: Africa bibliography
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|