Hans Döllgast : schöpferische Wiederherstellung = creative reconstruction / Fotografie, Klaus Kienold ; Text, Wolfgang Jean Stock.
- Other Title:
- Creative reconstruction
- München : Hirmer, 2018.
1 volume : illustrations
- Döllgast, Hans, 1891-1974 -- Exhibitions.
Architects -- Germany -- Bavaria -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- Germany -- Exhibitions.
Döllgast, Hans, 1891-1974.
- Text in German and English in parallel columns.
- The work of Döllgast, described by the architect himself as a ?combination of undisputable avant-garde and reserved rear guard?, has always fascinated the Munich-based architectural photographer Klaus Kinold. Accordingly, the photographs in this richly illustrated volume were born of empathy and created as part of a personal project. Taken in the early 1980s, they are already historic due to the destruction of some of Döllgast?s work. They also pay tribute to Döllgast the combative person, who with his controversially assessed restorations realised exemplary solutions for new construction in historic surroundings. The bilingual volume includes the first English-language essays on Döllgast.
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition, held in March-June 2018 at Archiv für Baukunst der Universität Innsbruck.
- Kienold, Klaus, photographer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|