Astrid Klein : transcendental homeless centralnervous / herausgegeben von Dorothea Zwirner.
- Other Title:
- Transcendental homeless centralnervous
- Köln : Verlag der Buchhandlung Walther König, c2018.
420 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 31 cm.
- Klein, Astrid, 1951- -- Exhibitions.
- Parallel texts in German and English.
- Astrid Klein is best known for her large-format "photoworks"; since the 1970s she has combined found photographic images and textual excerpts with drawn and painted elements to produce striking black-and-white artworks. Less well known, but equally complex, are the black and white paintings, collages, neon sculptures, mirror works, transparencies and "Schriftbilder" she has created in over four decades of artistic practice. This publication provides the first comprehensive overview of Klein's oeuvre, which is noted for its "cool" aesthetic, intellectual acuity and emotional intensity.00Exhibition: Deichtorhallen, Sammlung Falckenberg, Hamburg, Germany (24.03. - 02.09.2018).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Deichtorhallen Hamburg/Sammlung Falkenberg, March 24 - September 2, 2018.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|