Slaying the dragon [electronic resource] / produced and directed by Deborah Gee ; KQED project director, Pamela Porter ; produced by Pacific Productions, a special project of Asian Women United, in association with KQED. Slaying the dragon : reloaded / producer, director & writer, Elaine H. Kim ; executive producer, Asian Women United of California, Eliza Y. Chan, Elaine H. Kim, Susanna Ng-Lee, Evelyn Rodriguez, Jane Singh, Yun Suh.
- Other Title:
- Slaying the dragon : reloaded
- Special edition.
- [California] : Asian Women United of California, 
1 online resource (58 min., 30 min.)
- Asians in motion pictures.
Asian American women in motion pictures.
Women in motion pictures.
Racism in motion pictures.
Sex role in motion pictures.
Stereotypes (Social psychology) in mass media.
Motion pictures -- Social aspects -- United States.
Racism -- United States -- History.
Public opinion -- United States -- History.
Asian American women -- Interviews.
- Television programs -- United States.
Short films -- United States.
Feature films -- United States.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Describes racial and gender stereotyping of Asian women in U.S. motion pictures as well as other filmic media, with "Reloaded" updating the original documentary by noting the effects of globalization and a changing population within the past 25 years. Includes interviews with actresses and other Asian American women who describe their experiences of such stereotyping.
- Slaying the dragon: narrator, Herb Wong.
- Slaying the dragon: camera, Emiko Omori, David Werk ; editor, Blair Gershkow ; "A Tribute to Johnny Mercer" perfromed by Bill Henderson ; "Dragon scale" composed and performed by Dave Yamasaki ; "Mood Indigo" by Duke Ellington ; additional music, Mark Ream.
Slaying the dragon : reloaded: editor, Chelsea Walton ; music, Hiro Matsuo ; camera, Casey Peck, Herman Lew, Irum Shiekh, Marissa Aroy.
- Video bundle of two titles: Slaying the dragon; Slaying the dragon : reloaded.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Gee, Deborah, television producer, television director.
Porter, Pamela (Television broadcasting), television director.
Kim, Elaine H., film producer, film director, screenwriter.
Chan, Eliza Y., film producer.
Ng-Lee, Susanna, film producer.
Rodriguez, Evelyn, film producer.
Singh, Jane, film producer.
Suh, Yun, film producer.
Wong, Herb, narrator.
Omori, Emiko, director of photography.
Werk, David, director of photography.
Gershkow, Blair, editor of moving image work.
Henderson, Bill, 1930- composer (expression)
Yamasaki, Dave, composer (expression)
Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974, composer (expression)
Ream, Marc, composer (expression)
Walton, Chelsea, editor of moving image work.
Matsuo, Hiro, composer (expression)
Peck, Casey, director of photography.
Lew, Herman, director of photography.
Shiekh, Irum, director of photography.
Aroy, Marissa, director of photography.
Pacific Productions, production company.
Asian Women United of California, production company, contributor, publisher.
KQED-TV (Television station : San Francisco, Calif.), contributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|