Music celebrating the poetry of Robert Burns [electronic resource] / [poetry by] Bobby Burns.
- New York, NY : Arabesque, 1998.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (71 minutes)
- Cantatas, Secular.
Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied.
Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with chamber orchestra.
Songs with chamber orchestra.
Vocal ensembles with instrumental ensemble.
- Sung in English.
- System Details:
- audio file
- The jolly beggars / Robert DeCormier (37:35)
Ca' the yowes / Ralph Vaughan Williams (4:32)
Comin' thro' the rye (2:06) ; John Anderson my jo (2:03) ; Jenny comin' thro' the rye (1:20) ; O wert thou in the cauld blast (2:42) ; McPherson's farewell (2:07) / Dimitri Shostakovich
Ae fond kiss / William Mayer (4:33)
The ploughman's life (1:28) ; Young Jockie was the blythest lad (1:20) ; O were my love yon lilac fair (2:18) / Joseph Haydn
The Highlander's lament / Ludwig van Beethoven (4:55)
The jolly beggars. Finale (3:56).
- Chorus, featuring Christine Abraham, Louise DeCormier, Stuart Duke, David Düsing, Roger Grow, Claire Hungerford, Mark Kuprych, Joseph Neal, Robert Osborne, Jason Pierce, Linda Radtke, Eileen Clark-Reisner, Elaine Russell, Dorothy Stanley ; orchestra ; Robert DeCormier, conductor.
- Streaming audio files.
Title from resource description page (viewed April 03, 2018).
The 1st work a cantata for solo voices, mixed chorus, and chamber orchestra. The 2nd for tenor and mixed chorus. The 3rd-4th for mezzo-soprano and chamber orchestra. The 5th-7th for bass and chamber orchestra. The 8th for soprano and mixed chorus with flute, violoncello, and piano. The 9th-11th for 1 or 2 voices with violin and continuo. The 12th for vocal quartet with violin, violoncello, and piano.
- De Cormier, Robert, conductor.
Robert De Cormier Singers, performer.
Alexander Street Press.
- Musical setting of: Burns, Robert, 1759-1796. Poems. Selections
- Other format:
- Original cat. no.: Z6708
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|