Los Angeles Metropolitan Area Surveys [LAMAS] 3, 1971 [electronic resource]/ University of California, Los Angeles. Institute for Social Science Research.
- Ann Arbor, Mich. Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor] 2017
- ICPSR (Series) 36611
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Intranet.
- The Los Angeles Metropolitan Area Surveys [LAMAS] 3, 1971 collection reflects data gathered in 1973 as part of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area Surveys (LAMAS). The LAMAS, beginning in the spring of 1970, are a shared-time omnibus survey of Los Angeles County community members, usually repeated twice annually. The LAMAS were conducted ten times between 1970 and 1976 in an effort to develop a set of standard community profile measures appropriate for use in the planning and evaluation of public policy. The LAMAS instruments, indexes, and scales were used to track the development and course of social indicators (including social, psychological, health, and economic variables) and the impact of public policy on the community. Questions in this survey cover respondents' attitudes toward the following topics: the concept of a model neighborhood, air pollution, medical problems and health care services in the community, local government politics, police relations, crime, the Mexican-American protests, and public transportation. A sub-sample of households in the San Fernando Area were asked questions about the 1970 earthquake, rating the effectiveness of local government response and the respondents' feelings about possible future disasters. Demographic variables included in this dataset include age, marital status, religion, sex, education, income, geographic origin, and race. Cf: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR36611.v1
- Los Angeles Metropolitan Area Surveys [LAMAS] 3, 1971
- Title from ICPSR DDI metadata of 2018-06-14.
- University of California, Los Angeles. Institute for Social Science Research
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|