Midnight cowboy / United Artists ; a Jerome Hellman-John Schlesinger production ; screenplay, Waldo Salt ; producer, Jerome Hellman ; director, John Schlesinger.
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 925.
The Criterion collection ; 925
2 videodiscs (113 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + insert (1 folded leaf : color illustrations ; 4 3/4 in.)
4 3/4 in.
- Herlihy, James Leo -- Film adaptations.
Male prostitutes -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Swindlers and swindling -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Male friendship -- Drama.
Outcasts -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Criminals -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
- Buddy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (aspect ratio 1.85:1) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
1.0 Dolby Digital
5.1 Dolby Digital
- Joe Buck and Enrico "Ratso" Rizzo are two small-time hustlers whose powerful friendship transcends the gritty realities of big-city life and their own unfulfilled dreams.
- Disc one. [Feature film]
disc two. [Special features].
- Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight, Brenda Vaccaro, John McGiver, Ruth White, Sylvia Miles.
- Director of photography, Adam Holender; editor, Hugh A. Robertson; musical supervision, John Barry.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1969.
Based on Midnight cowboy / by James Leo Herlihy.
Features on disc one: audio commentary from 1991 featuring director John Schlesinger and producer Jerome Hellman; short film "The crowd around the cowboy" (1969) made on location for Midnight cowboy; trailer -- on disc two: "Waldo Salt : a screenwriter's journey" (1990) an Academy Award nominated documentary by Eugene Corr and Robert Hillmann; Michael Childers discusses photographs from candid images he shot during production; Adam Holender discusses his work on the film (Feb. 2018); two short 2004 documentaries on the making and release of Midnight cowboy; interview with actor Jon Voight on The David Frost show from 1970; Jon Voight's original screen test; interview from 2000 with Schlesinger for BAFTA Los Angeles with excerpts from the 2002 BAFTA LA tribute to Schlesinger, featuring Voight and actor Dustin Hoffman.
Academy Award, 1970: Best picture; Best director; Best writing, screenplay based on material from another medium.
- Schlesinger, John, 1926-2003, film director.
Hellman, Jerome, film producer.
Salt, Waldo, screenwriter.
Hoffman, Dustin, 1937- actor.
Voight, Jon, 1938- actor.
Vaccaro, Brenda, 1939- actor.
Barry, John, 1933-2011, composer (expression)
United Artists Corporation, presenter.
Jerome Hellman Productions. production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Container of: Midnight cowboy (Motion picture)
- Publisher Number:
CC2890DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|