- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections
- London : Royal Academy of Arts : National Portrait Gallery : National Gallery, 
2 volumes : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Great Britain.
Dean, Tacita, 1965-.
Dean, Tacita, 1965 -- -Catalogs.
Young British Artists (Group of artists).
Video installations (Art).
Video art -- Great Britain.
- Tacita Dean is considered among the most important living British artists. Best known for the films that have taken her all over the world, she is a passionate defender of analogue methods. This authoritative publication brings together her writings with a complete filmography. Dean's insightful and informative writing is key to understanding her works and interests. She reveals a wide range of influences, from seascapes to documentary, and an intimate study of the nature of film itself. Her projects are populated with the figures she admires, including the artists David Hockney OM CH RA and Cy Twombly, the poet Michael Hamburger and the legendary choreographer Merce Cunningham. Beautifully illustrated throughout with film stills, archival photographs and related artworks, these two volumes map Dean's career up to and including her three major exhibitions in London in 2018, and provide - in the artist's own words - an unparalleled insight into the stories behind her work.
- [Volume 1]. Selected writings, 1992-2018
[volume 2]. Complete works & filmography, 1992-2018.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibitions: LANDSCAPE, PORTRAIT, STILL LIFE at the Royal Academy of Arts, the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery, London"--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references, filmography, and catalog.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
- Class of 1891 Department of Arts Fund.
Dean, Tacita, 1965-
Dean, Tacita, 1965-
Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain), issuing body.
National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain), issuing body.
National Gallery (Great Britain), issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|