Hyperrealisme sculptuur = Hyperrealism sculpture / auteurs, Emily Ansenk, Otto Letze, Franklin Hill Perrell, Marieke Jooren ; eindredactie, Eva van Diggelen, Loes Visch ; vertaling [uit het Engels], Marie Louise Schoondergang.
- Other Title:
- Hyperrealism sculpture
- Zwolle : Waanders Uitgevers, c2018.
128 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Sculpture, Modern -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Sculpture, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Text in Dutch and English.
- With 'Hyperrealism: Sculpture' the Kunsthal Rotterdam, after the success of 'Hyperrealism'. 50 years of painting 'in 2017, the step to the third dimension. There is a unique selection of spatial works by important hyper-realistic sculptors from the past 50 years. From the early American pioneers including George Segal, Duane Hanson and John DeAndrea to the rise of the international movement, represented by Juan Muñoz (Spain), Maurizio Cattelan (Italy), Berlinde de Bruyckere (Belgium), and Ron Mueck, Sam Jinks and Patricia Piccinini (from Australia). Since the 1960s and 1970s, artists with techniques such as modeling, casting and painting have developed different approaches to a contemporary form of figurative realism. On the basis of various subjects, such as 'human replicas' and 'distorted reality', it is shown that the way we look at our bodies is constantly changing. The relationship with various trends in art history and the technical development of the early years of hyper-realistic sculpture to the current digital era is also discussed. Exhibition: Kunsthal Rotterdam, The Netherlands (10.03. - 01.07.2018)
- "This publication appears on the occasion of the exhibition Hyperrealism Sculpture at the Kunsthal Rotterdam between 10 March and 1 July 2018."--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Ansenk, Emily.
Perrell, Franklin Hill.
Diggelen, Eva van.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|