Neonatal Pain [electronic resource] : Suffering, Pain, and Risk of Brain Damage in the Fetus and Newborn / edited by Giuseppe Buonocore, Carlo Valerio Bellieni.
- Second Edition.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
1 online resource (XI, 255 pages 14 illustrations, 9 illustrations in color.)
Children -- Surgery.
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health. (search)
Pain Medicine. (search)
Pediatric Surgery. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This completely revised and updated edition offers a comprehensive overview of neonatal pain assessment and treatment. It includes the field of fetal surgery, and many other topics have been updated or added, such as circumcision analgesia, new drugs, new insights into neurophysiologic pathways of neonatal pain and new drawbacks of analgesic drugs. While in the early years of the 21st century pain treatment in neonates was still optional, it is now a tenet, and more and more institutions are looking for inspiration and good references to create their own guidelines. Written by leading researchers in the field, this book provides that inspiration and offers a valuable tool for neonatologists, anesthetists, nurses and physiotherapists. Since it also deals with prenatal and postnatal surgery, it also appeals to surgeons.
- PART I Delivery and Pain.- Gonadal Hormones and Pain Modulation
Stress and Pregnancy: CRF as Biochemical Marker.- Pain Control During Labour.- PART II Fetal Pain.- Ultrasound and Fetal Stress: Study of the Fetal Blink-Startle Reflex Evoked by Acoustic Stimuli.- Prenatal Affective Exchanges and Their Subsequent Effects in Postnatal Life.- Pain in the Fetus.- New Insights into Prenatal Stress: Immediate and Long-Term Effects on the Fetus and Their Timing.- PART III Neonatal Pain.- Pain Assessment and Spectral Analysis of Neonatal Crying.- Analgesic Procedures in Newborns.- Nonpharmacological Treatment of Neonatal Pain.- Sensory Saturation: An Analgesic Method.- Pharmacologic Analgesia in the Newborn.- Physical Stress Risk Agents in Incubators.- Fetal surgery analgesia.- PART IV Pain: a Risk Factor for Brain Damage.- Neonatal Stressors
New Insights into Neonatal Hypersensitivity.- From the Gate-Control Theory to Brain Programs for Neonatal Pain.- PART V Pain and Communication.- Disclosure of Pathology to the Newborn’s Family.- Communication of Diagnosis: Pain and Grief in the Experience of Parents of Children with a Congenital Malformation.- Invest in Prenatal Life: A High-Yield Stock.
- Buonocore, Giuseppe. editor.
Bellieni, Carlo Valerio, editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-53232-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|