Medical Problems During Pregnancy [electronic resource] : A Comprehensive Clinical Guide / edited by Carolyn Bernstein, Tamara C. Takoudes.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
1 online resource (X, 197 pages 15 illustrations, 12 illustrations in color.)
General practice (Medicine).
Primary care (Medicine).
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health.
General Practice / Family Medicine.
Primary Care Medicine.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This comprehensive, case-based title takes a practical approach to treating the pregnant patient by illustrating common and less common issues that arise during pregnancy. Outlining how difficult it often is to discern normal changes from pathological changes in the pregnant patient, Medical Problems During Pregnancy addresses not only this core dilemma but also a full array of specific, challenging issues to consider when pregnant patients present with conditions like epilepsy, hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias and renal disease – disorders requiring medication despite some risks. Although standard best practices generally determine medication use, the practicality of medication at various stages of pregnancy is highly variable. Medical Problems During Pregnancy outlines key points to consider when prescribing medication and additionally offers a range of practical suggestions that can greatly improve the physician-patient interaction. A unique and invaluable addition to the literature, Medical Problems During Pregnancy will be of great interest to practicing obstetricians, primary care clinicians, family practice physicians, nurse practitioners, and other allied health professionals.
1. Gastrointestinal Diseases During Pregnancy
2. Medical Complications of Pregnancy/Headache
3. Gestational Diabetes in 2015
4. Thrombophilia and Thrombocytopenia in the Pregnant Women
5. Infectious Diseases in Pregnancy
6. Thyroid Disease During Pregnancy: An Overview for the Primary Care Physician
7. Cardiovascular Disease in Pregnancy
8. Musculoskeletal Pain in Pregnancy
9. Epilepsy in Pregnancy
10. Pregnancy and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Bernstein, Carolyn. editor.
Takoudes, Tamara C. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-39328-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|