Surgical Emergencies in the Cancer Patient [electronic resource] / edited by Yuman Fong, Rondi Marie Kauffmann, Emily Marcinkowski, Gagandeep Singh, Hans F. Schoellhammer.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
1 online resource (XVI, 419 pages 146 illustrations, 68 illustrations in color.)
Cancer -- Surgery.
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This text provides a comprehensive textbook summarizing the presentation, workup, and surgical solutions for common emergencies in the cancer patient. The use of medications (antibiotics, hormones, and biologic therapies) and interventional radiologic procedures as adjuncts or as replacements for the surgical solutions are discussed. The text covers emergencies that result as adverse effects for the systemic and local treatments for cancer, emergencies that result from mechanical issues with the cancer and those that result from surviving major extirpative surgery. Diagnosis and treatment of patients' immune-compromised or thrombocytopenic status from chemotherapy is discussed, as is surgical treatment in patients with prior complex surgical therapy or radiation treatment. Finally, the text covers alternatives to surgery, including new interventional radiologic and endoscopic procedures. Surgical Emergencies in the Cancer Patient will be of great value to healthcare professionals at all levels who are involved in the treatment of emergencies in the cancer patient. It is meant for a wide group of individuals, including medical students, residents in surgery and internal medicine, fellows in surgery and oncology, and practicing oncologists and surgeons. This work is meant to be a textbook for the student, a guide for the practitioner, and a reference for the general oncologist.
- Preoperative Evaluation of the Cancer Patient for Emergency Surgery
Toxicity of Anti-Neoplastic Therapy and Considerations for Peri-operative Care
Surgical Considerations and Emergencies in the Cancer Patient Receiving Immunotherapy
Surgery in the Thrombocytopenic and Coagulopathic Patient
Emergency Surgery after Previous Radiation Therapy
Emergent Image Guided Treatments in the Cancer Patient
Cross-sectional and Nuclear Imaging as part of Emergency Workup
Thoracic Emergencies: Tracheobronchial, Pulmonary, and Pleural Diseases
Esophageal and Mediastinal Emergencies in the Cancer Patient
Diagnostic Approach to Life-threatening Pulmonary Infiltrates
Colon and Rectal Surgical Emergencies
Pancreatic Emergencies in the Cancer Patient
Endocrine Surgical Emergencies in the Cancer Patient
Surgical Emergencies in Gynecologic Oncology
Fulminating Soft Tissue Infections
Vascular Emergencies in Oncologic Surgery
Surgical Management of Head and Neck Emergencies in the Cancer Patient
Surgical Emergencies in Breast Surgery
Pediatric Perioperative Complications and Emergencies
Management of Catheter-related Blood Stream Infections in Cancer Patients
Management of Perioperative Medications including Steroids, Growth Factors, and Hormone Receptors
Emergencies in Patients with Bone-marrow Transplant
Emergencies after Solid Organ Transplant: Liver Transplantation
Surgery for Cancer after Previous Bariatric Surgery
Emergencies after Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
Hepatic Artery Infusion (HAI) for Colorectal Liver Metastases and Complications of HAI Pump.-.
- Fong, Yuman. editor.
Kauffmann, Rondi Marie. editor.
Marcinkowski, Emily. editor.
Singh, Gagandeep. editor.
Schoellhammer, Hans F. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-44025-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|