Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease [electronic resource] / by Mark L. Dreher.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Humana Press, 2018.
- Nutrition and Health
Nutrition and Health
1 online resource (XXXI, 409 pages 124 illustrations, 120 illustrations in color)
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health. (search)
Clinical Nutrition. (search)
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This newest addition to the Nutrition and Health series is a comprehensive, yet portable, guide to the use of dietary fiber for the management of health and disease. Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease covers all sources of dietary fiber with a focus on preventing and managing chronic diseases. Each chapter contains a careful analysis with many figures and tables of the most recent human dietary fiber studies and includes specific recommendations on the fiber types and intake levels required to prevent and manage chronic disease and improve health. Additionally, physicians, dietitians, nurses, nutritionists, pharmacists, food industry scientists, academic researchers and educators, naturopathic doctors, and other health professionals will be drawn to the practical, ready-to-use information and coverage of subjects such as fiber in gastrointestinal health and disease, fiber in cancer prevention, fiber in Type 2 Diabetes, and fiber in body weight and composition. Dietary Fiber in Health and Disease will be of interest to physicians and other healthcare professionals in many different specialties, including general practitioners, oncologists, endocrinologists, and other practitioners looking to implement dietary advice as part of the patient treatment plan.
- Introduction to Dietary Fiber
Overview of the Health Benefits of Adequate Fiber Intake
Fiber-Rich Diets and Dietary Supplement in Colonic Microbiota Health
Connection Between Fiber, Colonic Microbiota and Health Across the Human Lifecycle
Fiber and Aging
Fiber and Dietary Patterns in Weight Regulation
Whole Plant Foods in Weight Regulation
Fiber in Laxation and Constipation
Fiber and Low FODMAP Diets Effect in Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Fiber and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Fiber and Other Modifiable Risk Factors in Diverticular Disease
Fiber and Coronary Heart Disease
Fiber and Hypertension
Fiber Rich-Diets in Chronic Kidney Disease
Fiber and Stroke Risk
Fiber in Type 2 Diabetes Prevention and Management.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-50557-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|