Thyroid Nodules [electronic resource] : Diagnosis and Management / edited by Hossein Gharib.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Humana Press, 2018.
- Contemporary Endocrinology, 2523-3785
Contemporary Endocrinology, 2523-3785
1 online resource (XVIII, 231 pages 83 illustrations, 52 illustrations in color)
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health. (search)
Head and Neck Surgery. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Utilizing the most current evidence, this practical book is the first publication of its kind to focus exclusively on the clinical and laboratory evaluation and therapy of thyroid nodules, including advances in evaluation and controversies in management. Opening with chapters presenting the epidemiology, history, laboratory and clinical evaluation of thyroid nodules, the use of radioactive isotope ultrasound and CT scanning in diagnosis is then described. The interpretation of thyroid cytology following fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies and the use of molecular markers are discussed in detail, as is the controversial use of thyroxine therapy. Following a presentation of the common and minimally invasive surgical approaches to thyroid nodules, chapters on multinodal goiters, incidentalomas and thyroid nodules in children round out the presentation. Written and edited by leading US and international thyroidologists, Thyroid Nodules is a useful, state-of-the-art text for endocrinologists, surgeons, and primary care physicians.
- Gharib, Hossein. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-59474-3 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|