Pediatric Hypertension [electronic resource] / edited by Joseph T. Flynn, Julie R. Ingelfinger, Karen M. Redwine.
- 4th ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
1 online resource (84 illustrations, 46 illustrations in color. eReference)
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The fourth edition of this book is the most comprehensive major reference work on hypertension in children and adolescents. Since the publication of the previous edition, there have been notable changes in the field, with the arrival of new evidence of the long-term sequelae of hypertension in youth, an evidence-based review of the value of routine BP screening in children and adolescents, and further evidence of the cardiovascular consequences of the childhood obesity epidemic. This expanded edition covers these new findings, while featuring new chapters on such timely topics as routine blood pressure screening, hypertension in late adolescents/young adults, and current pediatric hypertension research. The reference work also includes thorough updates on chapters from the previous edition, as well as new clinical practice guidelines for childhood hypertension, which have not been revised since 2004. Written by experts in the field, Pediatric Hypertension, Fourth Edition is the definitive resource for clinicians and researchers interested in childhood hypertension. .
- Neurohumoral and Autonomic Regulation of Blood Pressure
Vasoactive Factors and Blood Pressure in Children
Cardiovascular Influences on Blood Pressure
Ions and Fluid Dynamics in Hypertension
Uric Acid in the Pathogenesis of Hypertension
Insulin Resistance and Other Mechanisms of Obesity Hypertension
Monogenic and Polygenic Contributions to Hypertension
Perinatal Programming of Arterial Pressure
Hereditability and Familial Aggregation of Blood Pressure
The Role of Dietary Electrolytes and Childhood Blood Pressure Regulation
Endothelial Dysfunction and Vascular Remodeling in Hypertension
Stress and Salt Sensitivity in Childhood Hypertension
Methodology of Casual Blood Pressure Measurement
Value of Routine Screening for Hypertension in Childhood
Development of Blood Pressure Norms and Definition of Hypertension in Children
Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Methodology and Norms in Children
Methodology and Applicability of Home Blood Pressure Monitoring in Children and Adolescents: Home Blood Pressure Monitoring
Epidemiology of Primary Hypertension in Children
Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Disease in Children
Ethnic Differences in Childhood Blood Pressure
Obesity Hypertension: Clinical Aspects
Hypertension in Children with Type 2 Diabetes or the Metabolic Syndrome
Primary Hypertension in Children
Secondary Forms of Hypertension in Children: Overview
Hypertension in Chronic Kidney Disease
Hypertension in End-Stage Renal Disease: Dialysis
Hypertension in End-Stage Renal Disease: Transplantation
Renovascular Hypertension, Vasculitis, and Aortic Coarctation
Neonatal and Infant Hypertension
Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Hypertension
Hypertension in the Pregnant Teenager
Cognitive and Behavioral Aspects of Childhood Hypertension
Substance-Induced Hypertension: Mechanisms and Management
Hypertension in Oncology and Stem-Cell Transplant Patients
Hypertension in Older Adolescents and Young Adults
Hypertension in the Developing World
Diagnostic Evaluation of Pediatric Hypertension
Sequelae of Hypertension in Children and Adolescents
Vascular and Cardiac Imaging Techniques and Their Applicability to Childhood Hypertension
The Role of ABPM in Evaluation of Hypertensive Target-Organ Damage
Exercise Testing in Hypertension and Hypertension in Athletes
Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Pediatric Hypertension
Pharmacologic Treatment of Pediatric Hypertension
Management of Hypertensive Emergencies
Hypertensive Models and Their Relevance to Pediatric Hypertension
Cohort Studies, Meta-analyses, and Clinical Trials in Childhood Hypertension
Changes in Drug Development Regulations and Their Impact on Clinical Trials. .
- Flynn, Joseph T. editor.
Ingelfinger, Julie R. editor.
Redwine, Karen M. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-31107-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|