Implant Aesthetics [electronic resource] : Keys to Diagnosis and Treatment / edited by Edward Dwayne Karateew.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
1 online resource (XVIII, 450 pages 499 illustrations, 462 illustrations in color.)
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book, written by acknowledged experts with international reputations, provides clinicians with detailed guidelines on the nature of the ideal anterior dental implant and, more importantly, how the desired aesthetic outcome is to be achieved. It reflects the incredible paradigm shift that has taken place within implant dentistry during the past 5 years, with recognition of the importance of a ‘crown down’ approach to diagnosis, planning, and treatment, especially in the anterior zone. In order to ensure reproducibility and predictability of treatment outcomes, the fabrication of an aesthetic dental implant must follow a complex algorithm, which is reviewed in a stepwise approach. Sections are devoted to evaluation of the aesthetic implant patient, immediate implant placement, staged implant placement, and restoration. Readers will come to appreciate how the final emergence profile of the definitive restoration reflects the complex interplay of components below the visible smile zone. Helpful flow charts are included that will assist in optimal performance of the described procedures.
- Osseointegration and the Biology of the Surrounding Hard and Soft Tissues
Evaluation of the Aesthetic Implant Patient: Clinical Assessment of the Alveolus and Gingivae
Radiological Assessment of the Anterior Maxilla and Mandible
Treatment Planning the Aesthetic Dental Implant with Digital Aids
Determination of the Sequence of Therapy
Immediate Implant Placement: Principles of the Technique
Placement and Positioning of the Dental Implant
Maintaining the Soft Tissue Profile
Staged Implant Placement: Development of the Hard Tissues with Block Grafting Techniques
Development of the Hard Tissues with Particulate Grafting Techniques
Development of the Hard Tissues with Biologics
Development of the Soft Tissues with Autogenous or Alloplastic Augmentation Techniques
Orthodontic Correction to Facilitate Dental Implant Placement
The Restoration: The Provisional Restoration
The Definitive Restoration
The Digital Restoration.
- Karateew, Edward Dwayne. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-50706-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|