The Business Management System [electronic resource] : A Framework for International Competitiveness / ITC.
- New York : United Nations, 2006.
- Government document
1 online resource (145 pages)
- Local subjects:
- International Trade and Finance. (search)
- This guide presents the concept of business management system (BMS) as a generic structure for managing business enterprises. It explains principles of BMS and describes BMS components and how they interact with each other. The guide also reviews various phases of the strategy cycle of business management; deals with developing business capabilities and its importance for the business and outlines the transaction cycle of business management, explaining the tasks involved and their importance in exporting business. The appendices include BMS's failure mechanisms, a glossary of related terms, and Nomenclature of BMS.
The Business Management System
Separating you from what you manage
Determining the goal of your business
The goal of being a competitive monopoly
Managing the resources of an enterprise
Operating business functions
Untangling management: The design of business strategies
What is the business of your enterprise?
Selecting a business definition
Case: Nasri Baba
Designing strategy: A summary
Segmentation: The critical decision
Innovation and positioning
Business definition, strategy and management
Generic BMS strategies and critical task selection
Connecting strategy and capabilities
From strategy to business transaction
International vs domestic in the BMS
The transaction cycle
The transaction cycle tasks
Management of transaction cycle tasks
Linking task content and task management in transactions
Transaction cycle marketing tasks: getting orders
Transaction cycle production tasks: Fulfilling orders
Transaction cycle management: Getting paid
The complete BMS
The BMS's failure mechanisms
Nomenclature of The Business Management System
BMS glossary: English, Spanish and French.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/3c6b7c1f-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|