Surgical Critical Care Therapy [electronic resource] : A Clinically Oriented Practical Approach / edited by Ali Salim, Carlos Brown, Kenji Inaba, Matthew J. Martin.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
1 online resource (XVII, 721 pages 164 illustrations, 106 illustrations in color)
Critical care medicine.
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health. (search)
Traumatic Surgery. (search)
General Surgery. (search)
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This text provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of this field, and will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons and researchers with an interest in surgical critical care. The book reviews up to date data regarding the management of common problems that arise in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. The protocols, care bundles, guidelines and checklists that have been shown to improve process measures, and in certain circumstances, are discussed in detail. The text also discusses several well designed randomized prospective trials conducted recently that have altered the way we care for surgical patients with traumatic brain injury, hemorrhagic shock, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and sepsis. This book provides the practicing physician with a clinically oriented practical approach to handle basic and complex issues in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. This text will serve as a very useful resource for physicians dealing with critically ill surgical patients. It provides a concise yet comprehensive summary of the current status of the field that will help guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts. All chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date scientific and clinical information. This text will become an invaluable resource for all graduating fellows and practicing physicians who are taking the surgical critical care board examinations.
Managing elevated ICP
Spinal cord injury
Analgesia and sedation
Delirium and Alcohol Withdrawal
Brain death evaluation and determination
Potential organ donor management
Care of the postop craniectomy/craniotomy patient
Arrhythmias (Blunt Cardiac Injury, Pacemaker Issues)
Acute coronary syndrome
End points of resuscitation
Care of the postop cardiac surgery patient (LVAD, Transplant)
Hypothermia after cardiac arrest
Assessment and management of acute respiratory distress in the ICU (Hypoxia/Hypercapnea)
Conventional Mechanical Ventilation
Advanced Modalities for Respiratory Failure (High-frequency Mechanical, APRV, Ventilation, Proning, Nitric Oxide)
ARDS (Causes, Diagnosis, Management)
Management of the postop lung resection patient (transplant)
Stress ulcer prophylaxis
Abdominal compartment syndrome
Acute liver failure
Management of the postop abdominal catastrophe and open abdomen
Acute kidney injury (causes [Rhabdo], diagnosis, management)
Renal replacement therapies
Post Genitourinary procedures (metabolic abnormalities of ileal conduit, Kidney transplant)
VTE prophylaxis and treatment
Blood products and transfusion therapies (restrictive transfusion)
Damage control resuscitation
Anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents
Coagulopathies and hypercoaguable states (HIT, factor deficiencies, VW disease, hemophilia)
Antibiotic and Antifungal therapy (mechanism of action)
Fungal, Viral, and other oddball infections and the immunosupressed patient
Postoperative abdominal infection
New fever in SICU patient
Thyroid hormone abnormalities
Fluids (crystalloids, colloids, Hypertonic)
Other electrolyte abnormalities
Cirrhosis and End Stage Liver Disease
Transplant (Cardiac, Pulmonary, Liver)- care of the post-transplant patient, medications, rejection
Obstetric-Gynecologic (physiology, HELLP, amniotic fluid embolism)
Pediatrics (life threatening pediatric conditions)- resuscitation, common congenital life threatening issues- ecmo, mechanical ventilation
End of life ad Palliative Care (futility)
ICU Organization and Administration
Tracheostomy (open and perc)
Gastrostomy (open, perc, and laparoscopic)
Central line placement
- Salim, Ali. editor.
Brown, Carlos. editor.
Inaba, Kenji. editor.
Martin, Matthew J. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-71712-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|