1968 : the rise and fall of the new American Revolution / Robert C. Cottrell and Blaine T. Browne.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
xvii, 291 pages ; 24 cm
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963.
United States -- Social conditions -- 1960-1980.
Nineteen sixty-eight, A.D.
Protest movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
New Left -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Radicalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Revolutionaries -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Political activists -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Youth movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Social movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Politics and government.
- "The year 1968 is recalled most of all as a year when revolution beckoned or threatened. On the 50th anniversary of that tumultuous year, cultural historians Robert Cottrell and Blaine T. Browne provide a well-informed, up-to-date synthesis of the events that rocked the world, emphasizing the revolutionary possibilities."--Provided by publisher.
"Hell no! they shouldn't go!"
"We had to destroy the town in order to save it"
"The impossible dream": the new politics
"We shall overcome": the dreamer
"We all want to change the world": springtime of the young rebels
"Burn, baby, burn": bearing witness and the Boston Five
"You saw you want a revolution"
"There's a man with a gun over there": the politics of assassination
"The whole world is watching: czechago"
"R-E-S-P-E-C-T": people power
"The personal is political"
"Goin' up the country": the new environmentalism
"Your day, of course, is going to be over soon": the backlash
"The revolution will not be televised": legacies and conclusion
Appendix A: List of abbreviations.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
Browne, Blaine T. (Blaine Terry), author.
- Other format:
- Online version: Cottrell, Robert C., 1950- 1968 :the rise and fall of the new American Revolution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|