The hobbit : an illustrated edition of the fantasy classic / by J.R.R. Tolkien ; illustrated by David Wenzel ; adapted by Charles Dixon with Sean Deming.
- New York : Ballantine Books, 2001, ©1990.
- Tolkien, J. R. R. (John Ronald Reuel), 1892-1973. Lord of the rings ; Prequel.
Lord of the rings
133 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Middle Earth (Imaginary place) -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Baggins, Bilbo -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Hobbits (Fictitious characters) -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Wizards -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Dwarfs (Folklore) in art -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit who enjoys a comfortable, unambitious life, rarely traveling any farther than his pantry or cellar. But his contentment is disturbed when the wizard Gandalf and a company of dwarves arrive on his doorstep one day to whisk him away on an adventure. They have launched a plot to raid the treasure hoard guarded by Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon. Bilbo reluctantly joins their quest, unaware that on his journey to the Lonely Mountain he will encounter both a magic ring and a frightening creature known as Gollum.
- Penn Provenance:
- Toccafondi, David, C'95 (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wenzel, David, 1950-
David Toccafondi, Dan Sung and Joshua O'Neill Collection of Comics and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|