Wives, mothers, and the Red Menace [electronic resource] : conservative women and the crusade against communism / Mary C. Brennan.
- Other Title:
- Knowledge Unlatched.
- Boulder, Colo. : University Press of Colorado, ©2008.
1 online resource (xi, 197 pages)
- Women conservatives -- United States -- History.
Conservatism -- United States -- History.
Communism -- United States -- Prevention.
United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
United States -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- "This book is clearly written, admirably concise, and well situated in the secondary literature on gender and conservatism and the foreign and domestic Cold War. ... Brennan's study offers another valuable reminder that niether Joe McCarthy nor June Cleaver can stand as convenient shorthard for our historical narratives of the Cold War era." Journal of American History.
- The cold war world
Who were these women?
Women beware : the feminine view of foreign communism
Women arise : the red threat on the domestic scene
Manly men and the little woman : gender and anticommunism.
- OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
- Local notes:
- Knowledge Unlatched KU Select 2016 Backlist Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|