Motifs in Language and Text / Haitao Liu, Junying Liang.
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter Mouton, 
- Quantitative linguistics ; Volume 71.
Quantitative Linguistics [QL] ; 71
1 online resource (280 pages) : illustrations, tables.
- Language and languages.
- Electronic books.
- In English.
- The edited volume Motifs in Language and Text is the first collection of original research in the area of the quantitative analysis of motifs. It hosts a collection of contributions that give insight to linguistic motifs theoretically across different languages, text genres, and structural levels, such as lexical, syntactic, semantic etc., and also to the tentative efforts upon the practical applications of the linguistic motifs. .
Table of Contents
Persistency of Higher Order Motifs
On Motifs and Verb Valency
Chinese Word Length Motif and Its Evolution
Quantitative Text Classification Based on POS-motifs
L-motif TTR for Authorship Identification in Hongloumeng and Its Translation
Length Motifs of Words in Traditional and Simplified Chinese Scripts
Dependency Distance Motifs in 21 Indo- European Languages
Word Length Distribution and Text Length: Two Important Factors Influencing Properties of Word Length Motifs
Quantitative Genre Analysis Using Linguistic Motifs
The Rank-frequency Distribution of Part-of-speech Motif and Dependency Motif in the Deaf Learners’ Compositions
Quantitative Properties of Polysemy Motifs in Chinese and English
The Words and F-motifs in the Modern Chinese Versions of the Gospel of Mark
Motifs of Generalized Valencies
Index of Names
- Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and indexes.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 26. Aug 2020)
- Liang, Junying, editor., Editor,
Liu, Haitao, editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110476637 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|