Matrices and graphs in geometry [electronic resource] / Miroslav Fiedler.
- Cambridge, U.K. ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications ; v. 139.
Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications ; 139
1 online resource (208 p.)
- Electronic books.
- "This book comprises, in addition to auxiliary material, the research on which I have worked for the past more than 50 years. Some of the results appear here for the first time. The impetus for writing the book came from the late Victor Klee, after my talk in Minneapolis in 1991. The main subject is simplex geometry, a topic which fascinated me from my student times, caused, in fact, by the richness of triangle and tetrahedron geometry on one side and matrix theory on the other side. A large part of the content is concerned with qualitative properties of a simplex. This can be understood as studying not just relations of equalities but also inequalities. It seems that this direction is starting to have important consequences in practical (and important) applications, such as finite element methods"--Provided by publisher.
- Matricial approach to Euclidean geometry
Qualitative properties of the angles in a simplex
Further geometric objects
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -194) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|