Asia / the Metropolitan Museum of Art ; introduction by Richard M. Barnhart.
- New York : The Museum, ©1987.
158 pages,  folded leaves of plates : color illustrations, maps ; 31 cm
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) -- Catalogs.
Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.)
Art, Asian -- Catalogs.
Art -- New York (State) -- New York -- Catalogs.
New York (State) -- New York
- "This volume presents a panoramic vision of the artistic and cultural developments in Asia as illustrated by masterpieces in the collections of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Objects seen here span the centuries, from the ritual vessels fashioned by the Chinese in the Bronze Age to the Japanese prints that revolutionized the vision of the early French Impressionists in the 19th century. A great body of work, in an awesome variety of mediums- painting and caligraphy; icons, both sculpted and painted; ritual vessels from the Bronze Age; elegant ceramics; exquisitely carved jades; sumptuous lacquers; and elaborate textiles- provides a multidimensional view of this fascinating world."--Page  of cover.
- Penn Provenance:
- Korea Society (New York, N.Y.) (donor)
- Barnhart, Richard M., 1934-
- Other format:
- Online version: Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.). Asia.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|