Nicolas Floc'h : Glaz / [conception éditoriale, Nicolas Flocʼh & Roger Willems ; textes, Catherine Elkar ... [et al.] ; traduction, Simon Pleasance, Amanda Crabtree, Yves Henocque].
- Other Title:
- [Amsterdam] : Roma Publications, c2018.
- ROMA publication ; 322.
Roma publication ; 322
424 p. : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 27 cm.
- Floc'h, Nicolas, 1970 -- -Exhibitions.
Floc'h, Nicolas, 1970-.
Underwater photography -- Exhibitions.
Conceptual art -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Text in French and English.
- Glaz is a Breton word used to describe a colour between green and blue, the colour of water. Since childhood, Nicolas Floc'h has developed a passion for the ocean and devoted his life and work to encapsulating and conveying the infinite riches and aspects of its reality. This voluminous monograph, published after his exhibition at Fonds régional d'art contemporain Bretagne, covers an oeuvre of sculpture, photography, and various conceptual works, consequently organised in themes like 'Invisible Architecture', 'Productive Structures', 'Natural Habitats', 'Painting', 'Functional', and 'Recycling'. A major part of the book is dedicated to underwater photographs of artificial reefs in France, Portugal, and Japan, as well as specific seascapes taken by Floc'h during a scientific expedition on the Tara Pacific in Japan.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Frac Bretagne, September 15-November 26, 2017; and the Passerelle Centre d'art contemporain, Brest, October 7-December 30, 2017.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Willems, Roger.
Passerelle Centre d'art contemporain (Brest, France)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|