Immunotoxicity Testing [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Jamie C. DeWitt, Cheryl E. Rockwell, Christal C. Bowman.
- 2nd ed. 2018.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2018.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 1803
Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 1803
1 online resource (XIII, 412 pages) : 41 illustrations, 23 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This fully updated volume utilizes the expertise of scientists currently engaged in immunotoxicity testing to provide the reader with lab-ready procedures and the background information needed to identify effective testing approaches. Dedicated to identifying and describing exogenous agents that can modify immune function, uncovering modes and mechanisms of action for such agents, and translating data from the laboratory and from the clinic to better predict health risks as well as benefits to those who are exposed to immunomodulatory agents, immunotoxicity testing continues to be a vital field of study, and this collection highlights both the "tried and true" methods as well as alternative protocols that have been more recently developed. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Immunotoxicity Testing: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition serves as a valuable contribution to the continued evolution and the application of immunotoxicity testing.
- Immunotoxicology: A Brief History
Developmental Immunotoxicity (DIT) Testing: Current Recommendations and the Future of DIT Testing
Markers of Inflammation
The Sheep Erythrocyte T-Dependent Antibody Response (TDAR)
Methylated-Bovine Serum Albumin (mBSA)-Induced Delayed-Type Hypersensitivity in Mice
Use of the LLNA:BrdU-ELISA for Skin Sensitization Hazard Assessment
Host Resistance Assays
Enhanced Histopathology Evaluation of Lymphoid Organs
Tumor Challenges in Immunotoxicity Testing
Flow Cytometry for the Immunotoxicologist
Evaluation of Cell-Mediated Immune Function Using the Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Assay
Evaluation of Cell Proliferation and Apoptosis in Immunotoxicity Testing
Natural Killer (NK) Cell Assays in Immunotoxicity Testing
Dendritic Cell Assays
Evaluating Macrophages in Immunotoxicity Testing
Evaluating Cytokines in Immunotoxicity Testing
Functional Assays of Hematopoietic Stem Cells in Toxicology Research
CD4+ T Cell Differentiation and Activation
Isolation and Identification of Innate Lymphoid Cells (ILCs) for Immunotoxicity Testing
Evaluating Antigen-Specific IgE Using the Rat Basophil Leukemia Cell (RBL) Assay
Challenges for Integrating Immunotoxicology into the 21st Century Toxicology Testing Paradigm.
- DeWitt, Jamie C. editor.
Rockwell, Cheryl E., editor.
Bowman, Christal C., editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-8549-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|