Philosophical perspectives on depiction / edited by Catharine Abell and Katerina Bantinaki.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Mind Association occasional series.
Mind Association Occasional Series
1 online resource (254 p.)
- Image (Philosophy)
- Electronic books.
- Depiction plays as important a role as language in our culture and communication, but its function is still not well understood. This volume of specially written essays by leading philosophers investigate the nature and value of depiction and its role in our understanding of the world. They set the agenda for the philosophy of depiction.
- Contents; List of Figures and Table; Notes on the Contributors; Introduction; 1. Pictorial Diversity; 2. Picture This: Image-based Demonstratives; 3. The Epistemic Value of Photographs; 4. Depictive Seeing and Double Content; 5. Picture Perception as Twofold Experience; 6. Inflected Pictorial Experience: Its Treatment and Significance; 7. Inflected and Uninflected Experience of Pictures; 8. Seeing Things in Pictures; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Abell, Catharine, editor.
Bantinaki, Katerina, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|