Debating same-sex marriage / John Corvino and Maggie Gallagher.
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, c2012.
- Point/counterpoint series (Oxford, England)
1 online resource (292 p.)
- Same-sex marriage.
- Electronic books.
- Polls and election results show Americans sharply divided on same-sex marriage, and the controversy is unlikely to subside anytime soon. Debating Same-Sex Marriage provides an indispensable roadmap to the ongoing debate. Taking a ""point/counterpoint"" approach, John Corvino (a philosopher and prominent gay advocate) and Maggie Gallagher (a nationally syndicated columnist and co-founder of the National Organization for Marriage) explore fundamental questions: What is marriage for? Is sexual difference essential to it? Why does the government sanction it? What are the implications of same-sex m
- The case for same-sex marriage / John Corvino
The case against same-sex marriage / Maggie Gallagher
Reply to Gallagher / John Corvino
Reply to Corvino / Maggie Gallagher.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Incudes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Gallagher, Maggie, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|