Looking after literacy : a whole child approach to effective literacy interventions / Caroline Walker-Gleaves and David Waugh.
- London ; Thousand Oaks, Calfornia : Learning Matters, an imprint of SAGE Publications Ltd,  , ©2017
xvi, 214 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Language arts (Primary) -- Great Britain.
Literacy -- Great Britain.
Language arts (Primary)
- "Looking After Literacy is about supporting all children to overcome their individual challenges to literacy. It is about considering the whole child when exploring options for interventions and accepting that many children have more than one need. It examines the many factors that can contribute to literacy difficulties and highlights the importance of understanding the wider context when considering them. The text draws on the latest research in education, psychology, neurology, and sociology to illustrate how children′s literacy development can be mapped against difficulties in other areas of their lives. This is a ground-breaking and accessible book for all trainee and existing primary teachers working with young children who are experiencing difficulty with reading, written, and spoken language." - From Amazon.com, as viewed on 3-22-2018
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Waugh, David (David G.), author.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|