Towards a sustainable economy : paradoxes and trends in energy and transportation / Pascal da Costa, Danielle Attias, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Sustainability and innovation.
Sustainability and innovation
xi, 143 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Sustainable development.
Energy development -- Technological innovations.
Transportation -- Technological innovations.
- This book provides an interdisciplinary account of how technological advances - mainly in the domains of energy and transportation - contribute to the transformation towards a more sustainable economic system. Drawing on methods from engineering, the management sciences and economics, which it combines in the framework of a systems sciences approach, the book presents qualitative and quantitative studies on government regulation, resources management and firms' strategy. Topics covered include the state-market dilemma of government CO2 emission targets, implications of the electrification of the economy, incentives and coercion in government transport policies, and innovations in the electric vehicle industry.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alec Harris & Carollina Song Fund.
- Alec Harris & Carollina Song Fund.
Da Costa, Pascal, 1976- editor.
Attias, Danielle, 1975- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|