Faktor X - das Chromosom der Kunst : 3. Biennale der Künstler = Factor X - the chromosome of art : 3rd artists' biennial / Albert Coers, Alex de Vries (Hg.) ; Texte, Larissa Kikol [and eight others] ; Übersetzung, Oliver Walker, Anna & Tobias Frydman.
- Other Title:
- Factor X - the chromosome of art : 3rd artists' biennial
- Berlin : Revolver Publishing, 
160 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 19 cm
- Gender identity in art -- Exhibitions.
Sex role in art -- Exhibitions.
Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
Gender identity in art.
Sex role in art.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Parallel texts in German and English.
- What roles do gender and other factors play in the reception of art and its production? How does the chromosome of art make its presence felt? Some works explicitly portray the gender and the associated roles, and take a playful approach with these ascriptions. Others are more associative in their approach to the complex subject. An interest in physicality and identities is consistently present. This book accompanies the exhibition and extends beyond it at the same time. It refers to the artistic-sociological, historical and media discourses related to the subject, and is therefore not an exhaustive documentation of the exhibited works, but rather establishes a dialogue with them as text and image components. Exhibition: Haus der Kunst, Munich, Germany (29.07.-24.09.2017).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Haus der Kunst München, July 29 - September 24, 2017.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Coers, Albert, 1975-
Vries, Alex de, 1957-
Haus der Kunst München.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|