Words of wisdom [electronic resource] : intro to philosophy / Jody Ondich.
- Other Title:
- Words of wisdom : introduction to philosophy
- Duluth : [Jody Ondich], -
- Minneapolis : Open Textbook Library
- Open Textbook Library.
Open textbook library
1 online resource : chiefly color illustrations
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- "Words of Wisdom can come from anyone. In this text we discuss topics ranging from "Are Humans good by nature?" to "Is there a God?" to "Do I have the right to my own opinion?" Philosophy is the study of wisdom, and can emerge in our conversations in social media, in school, around the family dinner table, and even in the car. The text uses materials that are 2,500 years old, and materials that were in the news this year. Wise people come in all shapes and types, and from every culture on earth. We have poetry and folktales, sacred writings and letters. Dialogues and interviews, news columns, Ted Talks, You Tube recordings and even comedy are all a part of the content in this text.You will be most successful reading this online."--Open Textbook Library.
Spiritual Philosophy and Tales from the World
Early Modern Wisdom 1500-1750
Late Modern Wisdom 1750-1950 CE
Links to Additional Great Resources
- Includes bibliographical references.
This bibliographic record is available under the Creative Commons CC0 "No Rights Reserved" license.
Description based on online version, 2018; Title from PDF (viewed on July 18, 2018)
- Open Textbook Library, distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|