Financial reporting & analysis / Lawrence Revsine, Late of Northwestern University, H. Fred Mittelstaedt, Deloitte Foundation, professor of Accountancy, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame, Leonard C. Soffer, Clinical Professor of Accounting Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, [and two others].
- Other Title:
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Seventh edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill Education, 
xxvi, 1121 pages ; 29 cm
- Financial statements.
Financial statements -- Case studies.
Corporations -- Accounting.
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Accounting -- Financial.
Corporations -- Accounting.
- Case studies.
- "One of our objectives in writing this book is to help students become skilled preparers and informed consumers of financial statement information. The financial reporting environment today is particularly challenging. Accountants, auditors, and financial analysts must not only know the reporting practices that apply in the United States (U.S. GAAP), they must also be aware of the practices allowed in other countries under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Adding to this challenge is the fact that the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and its global counterpart-the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)-have issued in the past few years an unprecedented number of proposed new standards intended to improve financial reporting practices worldwide and to achieve convergence of U.S. GAAP and IFRS. These proposed new standards will change in fundamental ways when revenue is recognized, how certain assets and liabilities are measured, and how information is presented in financial statements"-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note: Chapter 1
The Economic and Institutional Setting for Financial Reporting
Accrual Accounting and Income Determination
Additional Topics in Income Determination
Structure of the Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows
Essentials of Financial Statement Analysis
The Role of Financial Information in Valuation and Credit Risk Assessment
The Role of Financial Information in Contracting
Chapter 8 -Receivables
Chapter 9 -Inventories
Chapter 10 -Long-Lived Assets
Chapter 11 -Financial Instruments as Liabilities
Financial Reporting for Leases
Income Tax Reporting
Pensions and Postretirement Benefits
Chapter 15 -Financial Reporting for Owners' Equity
Chapter 16 -Intercorporate Equity Investments
Statement of Cash Flows
Appendix -Time Value of Money.
- Revised edition of Financial reporting & analysis, .
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mittelstaedt, H. Fred, 1958- author.
Soffer, Leonard C., author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|