Taking sides : Berlin und die mauer 1974 / photographs, Sven Martson ; afterword, John T. Hill.
- Other Title:
- Berlin und die mauer 1974
- Eindhoven, The Netherlands : Lecturis, [2018?]
104 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Martson, Sven, 1948-.
Documentary photography -- Germany -- Berlin.
Berlin (Germany) -- History -- 1945-1990 -- Pictorial works.
Germany -- Berlin.
- Parallel text in German and English.
- Walker Evans' 'American Photographs' and Robert Frank's 'The Americans' provide the DNA for many photo books including those by René Burri and Sven Martson. It is useful to view Martson's work in the context of earlier and like minded books. Martson spent September of 1974 photographing in East and West Berlin. In what was undoubtedly a stifling context, he captured those timeless occupations and preoccupations common to us all: labour, joy and loneliness, vanity and pride, lust and love. He served up a faithful visual journal of an inhibited culture.
- Hill, John T., writer of afterword.
- Martson, Sven, 1948- Photographs. Selections.
Taking sides. English.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|