Routledge Handbook of Landscape and Food [electronic resource] / editors, Joshua Zeunert, Tim Waterman.
- First edition.
- London : Taylor and Francis, 2018.
- Routledge handbooks
1 online resource
Food law and legislation.
Landscapes -- Philosophy.
- Local subjects:
- Agriculture and Food. (search)
Environment & Resources. (search)
Environmental Geography. (search)
Food Laws & Regulations. (search)
Gardens and Designed Landscapes. (search)
Landscape and Sustainability. (search)
Theory of Landscape. (search)
Urban Geography. (search)
- Electronic books.
- "Since the turn of the millennium, there has been a burgeoning interest in, and literature of, both landscape studies and food studies. Landscape describes places as relationships and processes. Landscapes create peoples identities and guide their actions and their preferences, while at the same time are shaped by the actions and forces of people. Food, as currency, medium, and sustenance, is a fundamental part of those landscape relationships.This volume brings together over fifty contributors from around the world in forty profoundly interdisciplinary chapters. Chapter authors represent an astonishing range of disciplines, from agronomy, anthropology, archaeology, conservation, countryside management, cultural studies, ecology, ethics, geography, heritage studies, landscape architecture, landscape management and planning, literature, urban design and architecture. Both food studies and landscape studies defy comprehension from the perspective of a single discipline, and thus such a range is both necessary and enriching.The Routledge Handbook of Landscape and Food is intended as a first port of call for scholars and researchers seeking to undertake new work at the many intersections of landscape and food. Each chapter provides an authoritative overview, a broad range of pertinent readings and references, and seeks to identify areas where new research is neededthough these may also be identified in the many fertile areas in which subjects and chapters overlap within the book."--Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Waterman, Tim, editor.
Zeunert, Joshua, editor.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9781315647692 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|