The image revisited : Luc Tuymans in conversation with Gottfried Boehm, T.J. Clark & Hans M. De Wolf.
- Other Title:
- Luc Tuymans in conversation with Gottfried Boehm, T.J. Clark & Hans M. De Wolf
- Antwerpen : Ludion, .
279 pages : color illustrations, plan ; 24 cm
- Tuymans, Luc, 1958 -- -Interviews.
Tuymans, Luc, 1958 -- -Criticism and interpretation.
Tuymans, Luc, 1958-.
Art -- History.
Art -- Philosophy.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- At the age of 19, on a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts in Budapest, a young Luc Tuymans saw the work of El Greco for the first time - an event that would lead him to become one of today's most influential artists. Almost 40 years later, that life-changing experience is recounted and celebrated in 'The Image Revisited', a publication that acts as both a monograph and a history of art. Published to coincide with an exhibition of Baroque art curated by Tuymans at M HKA in Antwerp in June 2018, this richly illustrated book includes three conversations Tuymans conducted with art historians T.J. Clark, Hans Maria De Wolf, and Gottfried Böhm at museums in Basel, Brussels and Budapest over the course of three years. In the course of fascinating discussions on the work of artists such as El Greco, Cézanne, Goya, de la Tour, Titian, Courbet, Mantegna, Hopper, Newman and Richter, what emerges is an exceptional insight into Tuymans' own creative process, and how the great art of the past has inspired and motivated him. Exhibition: MuHKA, Antwerp, Belgium (01.06.-16.09.2018).
- How to secure the value of an image as an image in times of political turmoil? / Hans M. De Wolf
The Budapest Sessions
The Basel Sessions
Abschied und Gegenstand: an intermezzo in Brussels
The Brussels Sessions
Basel: the conclusive conversation.
- Boehm, Gottfried, 1942- Interviewee.
Clark, T. J. (Timothy J.), Interviewee.
Wolf, Hans M. De, Interviewee.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|