Through the door of no return / Mypheduh Films presents ; a film by Shirikiana Aina ; produced by Negod Gwad Productions, Inc. & Elimu Productions, Inc. ; written and directed by Shirikiana Aina ; producer, Haile Gerima ; co-producer, Shirikiana Aina.
- [Washington, D.C.] : Mypheduh Films, Inc., [2010?]
1 videodisc (approximately 78 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- African Americans -- Race identity.
African diaspora -- History.
Ghana -- History.
Elmina Castle (Elmina, Ghana)
Slave trade -- History.
Slavery -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
full screen (1.33:1)
video disc DVD video region 1
- "Following her father's footsteps, the film maker journeys to the Elmina Castle, that foreboding structure on the west coast of Ghana where millions of her ancestors were warehoused before being sent out through that last exit into the middle passage of slavery. Called by the voices of her father and other ancestors, the film maker returns to the continent the way her ancestors left, at night, by the water, back through the door of no return."--Container.
- Director of photography, Rick Butler; editor, Haile Gerima; music, David White.
- Title from disc label.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1997.
- Aina, Shirikiana, film director, film producer, screenwriter.
Gerima, Haile, film producer.
Butler, Rick, cinematographer.
White, David (Composer) composer (expression).
Negod-Gwad Productions, film production company.
Elimu Productions, film production company.
Mypheduh Films, publisher, presenter.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|