The tree of life / Fox Searchlight Pictures and River Road Entertainment present ; written and directed by Terrence Malick ; produced by Sarah Green, Bill Pohlad, Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Grant Hill.
- Three-DVD special edition.
- [New York, New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection.
Criterion collection ; 942
3 videodiscs (139 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 insert (1 folded leaf : color illustrations ; 18 cm.)
4 3/4 in.
- Fathers and sons -- Drama.
Mothers and sons -- Drama.
Spiritual life -- Drama.
- Coming-of-age films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; 5.1 Dolby audio surround.
5.1 Dolby Digital
- The impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950s. The film follows the life journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years as he tries to reconcile a complicated relationship with his father. Jack finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith.
- Disc 1. Theatrical film
Disc 2. Extended edition
Disc 3. Special features.
- Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, Jessica Chastain, Hunter McCracken, Laramie Eppler, Tye Sheridan.
- Executive producer, Donald Rosenfeld; music, Alexandre Desplat; director of photography, Emmanuel Lubezki; editor, Hank Corwin.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2011.
New extended version of the film featuring an additional fifty minutes of footage; Exploring "The tree of life," a 2011 documentary featuring collaborators and admirers of Malick's, including filmmakers David Fincher and Christopher Nolan; New interviews with actor Jessica Chastain and visual-effects supervisor Dan Glass; new video essay by critic Benjamin B about the film's cinematography and style, featuring audio interviews with Luezki, production designer Jack Fisk, and other crew members; a new interview with music critic Alex Ross about Malick's approach to music; video essay from 2011 by critic Matt Zoller Seitz and editor Serena Bramble; trailer; essay by critic Kent Jones (on insert).
- Malick, Terrence, 1943- film director, screenwriter.
Pitt, Brad, 1963- film producer. actor.
Green, Sarah, film producer.
Pohlad, William, film producer.
Gardner, Dede, film producer.
Hill, Grant, film producer.
Penn, Sean, 1960- actor.
Chastain, Jessica, 1977- actor.
McCracken, Hunter, actor.
Jones, Kent, 1960- essayist.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
River Road Entertainment (Firm), presenter.
- Publisher Number:
CC2935DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|