Breast-feeding patterns and correlates in Shaanxi, China [electronic resource] / Tu Ping.
- New York : United Nations, 1990.
- Government document
1 online resource (14 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Population and Demography
China, People's Republic
- Breast-feeding is almost universal and lengthy in China, especially in less developed areas (SSB, 1986; Tu, 1989a). Breast-feeding serves as an effective means of birth spacing in traditional Chinese society where the reproductive potential is enormous owing to early and universal marriage. It also provides protection against malnutrition and infectious diseases that is very important for child survival, especially in rural areas where access to modern medical facilities is quite limited and infant formulas are not available (Tu, 1989a).
- Title from title screen (viewed May 1, 2017).
- Contained In:
- Asia-Pacific Population Journal Vol. 5, no. 1, p. 57-70
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|