Leaves of grass.
- Other records:
- Philadelphia : David McKay ..., 1883.
- Philadelphia : Sherman & Co., printers
382 pages,  leaf of plates : 1 portrait ; 20 cm
- Self-consciousness (Awareness) -- Poetry.
Poetry -- 19th century.
Philosophy of life -- Poetry.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Author's name, Walt Whitman, appears in copyright statement on verso of title leaf, as well as on cover and spine.
"Single leaf with Samuel Hollyer engraving of Whitman printed on verso, followed by protective tissue, is inserted after p. 28."--Myerson.
"Binding: Slightly orange-yellow S cloth (diagonal fine-ribbed). Front cover: goldstamped: single-rule frame around facsimile signature at top; back cover: blank; spine: goldstamped ... Front and back flyleaves. Light green leaf and vine design endpapers printed on one side. All edges trimmed."--Myerson.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy: protective tissue for plate wanting.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Myerson, J., Walt Whitman, A2.7.j1, pages 103-104
- David McKay Company, publisher.
Sherman & Co. (Philadelphia, Pa.), printer.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892. Leaves of grass.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|